Each May hundreds of anti-hunger advocates from across the state meet in Sacramento to educate their legislators about hunger and encourage their support for anti-hunger legislation. This year advocates from your community will be at the capitol on Wednesday, May 13, 2015. (Group travel date from LA for overnight in Sacramento is May 12.) With more than 3.8 million California adults struggling with food insecurity it’s important we speak out
Come join us up at the Capitol!:
· Leaving on bus 9 am from LA on Tuesday May 12 (RSVP first)
· Departure point will be announce in a separate email, likely departing from Downtown LA.
· Staying overnight in Sacramento : main events are on Wed May 13. It will be hot and windy
· Leaving Sacramento 2:30 pm Wednesday May 13 after Hunger Action Day
· Arrive back in LA approx 9 pm Wed May 13
· $40 donation requested, no one turned away
· Groups welcome from community organizations in LA, East LA, South LA, Valley, Westside, Pasadena/Glendale, San Gabriel Valley, Long Beach, Antelope Valley, and anywhere else!
· You can also make your own travel arrangements & meet us in Sacramento: still RSVP please
Send questions or RSVP to : email@example.com
California State Capitol Sacramento CA 95814
Sacramento, CA 95814
Google map and directions