Food & Justice News
March 12th, 2019
Page Updated March 21, 2019 1:46p PST
Support Hunger Action LA!
Easy online donation www.hungeractionla.org/donate
- helps 2,000 seniors/people with disabilities weekly to access the food they need for a healthy diet
- fuels trainings for agencies and community volunteers to help 100,000 SSI recipients access CalFresh
- publishes the Peoples Guide to Welfare Health and Other Services
- send 50 low income advocates to fight for state anti-hunger policy
- Become a monthly contributor!
Food Justice Updates:
- SSI and CalFresh: A Giant Step to End Hunger for Seniors and People with Disabilities —Training Thursday March 28th
- Tell the Trump Administration It’s Unacceptable to Take Food Away from Struggling Workers and Families: Due April 2nd
- Help Blind and Low Vision Shoppers Enjoy Crenshaw Farmers Market: Saturday March 23rd
June 25, 2018
Peoples Guide Pre-Order: The 2018 Peoples Guide is on its way! Place your pre-order now at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Guide is $1.25 per copy and one copy free for low-income persons. Inquire at email@example.com for pricing on large bulk orders.
What is the Peoples Guide? For more info Check out the Peoples Guide +PDF at hungeractionla.org/peoplesguide
- 1. House Passes Horrible Farm Bill: Senate Working On A Much Better Version
- 2. Tell Congress to Reauthorize the Global Food Security Act
- 3. Mark Your Calendar: Double Your Donation for Senior Market Match in LA County — July 1st through 12th
May 29, 2018
- 1. Contact The Governor to Help Seniors and Disabled Get Food Assistance in California
- 2. Farm Bill Party With A Purpose May 31—Help Hunger Action LA!
- 3. Public Charge Forum Clarifies Immigrant Access to Benefits
- 4. Volunteers Needed! Blind & Low Vision Day Out at Crenshaw Farmers Market, Saturday June 9
- 5. LA CAN: Job Opening for Fresh Food Access Program
- 6. LA Homeless Services Authority Holds Listening Sessions on Black Homelessness: June 7 and June 14
- 7. State Officials Want To Limit Grassroots Food Groups : Call Senators Now to Oppose