Hello friends & partners,
We are happy to announce an exciting new partnership with barrio.la (https://barrio.la) - who will donate 50% of all of their sales from January 16th (Martin Luther King Jr. Day) to February 14th (Valentines) to help fund our efforts to combat hunger & food access issues in Los Angeles county. We felt the timing was perfect - bridging a day of service with a day of love, to help support the community we all love.
barrio.la was founded 2 years ago by L.A. siblings Jen & Rick Kanter to find local companies making high quality, eco-friendly goods in the Greater L.A. Metro. Their services extend beyond an e-commerce store, as they explore Los Angeles, & support/promote L.A.-based organizations, companies, events, & people.
We appreciate any support in this partnership, & if you wish to help in promoting via social media - please feel free to share the following post by barrio.la on their facebook page: https://goo.gl/fOkYgl
Thanks for your time!
Your Tax Deductible Donation is Vital in Supporting The Fight Against Hunger!
Your donations help fund:
- Covid Response Food Delivery, partnering with local farmers, Community Services Unlimited, Everytable, Hollywood Food Hub, Mutual Aid Action Los Angeles, and great restaurants including KTown Pho, Hot and Cool Cafe, Mudd Duck Catering, and Simply Delicious
- The Market Match Bonus Program, helping families, seniors and people with disabilities receive up to $50 monthly in bonus dollars to spend on local farm produce at 20+ participating farmers markets
- Policy Trainings and advocacy where the community can engage in policy change to improve food security
- The Peoples Guide to Welfare, Health and Other Services
- Food Justice News Updates and Alerts
- General Operations
Donations by Check should made out to Hunger Action Los Angeles and mailed to:
Hunger Action Los Angeles
961 S. Mariposa #205
Los Angeles, CA 90006
Tax ID# 20-5142259