July 31, 2018
Peoples Guide: The 2018 Peoples Guide is HERE! Place your order now online at The HALA Store or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order. The Guide is $1.25 per copy and one copy free for low-income persons. Inquire at email@example.com for pricing on large bulk orders.
What is the Peoples Guide? Check out the PDF at Peoples Guide 2018 and find more info at www.hungeractionla.org/peoplesguideRead more
The Peoples Guide
Please join our mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with "subscribe to mailing list" in the subject line to be informed as soon as we get more Peoples Guides. We'll have them soon! Thanks for you patience!
2020 Peoples Guide Now Available!
New rules, information, and programs including:
- The NEW State Rent Control law
- Real ID—who needs one and how do you get it?
- The latest information on DACA for immigrant youth
- How you can expunge convictions to help with job searches
- WIC is going to an EBT card system
- What are Blue Cars and how can you use them?
- Diaper banks
WHATS NEW IN 2020?
- Will I need a Real ID to apply for benefits? — pg 71
- What is the new state Rent Control law? — pg 5
- Will the DACA program be continued? — pg 62
- What families can get $1,000 at tax time if they have a child under 6? — pg 9
- Can I get help paying for health insurance? — pg 53
- Can people getting SSI now get CalFresh? — pg 30, 38
- Is the new WIC EBT card the same as CalFresh? — pg 43
- How can I get a job if I have a criminal record? — pg 10
- Can I rent a low-cost car in L.A.? — pg 59
The long-awaited new edition of the Peoples Guide to Welfare Health and Other Services 2020 is available now in English!
This 72–page newsprint booklet gives you all you need to know about applying for
- Financial assistance for individuals and families
- Unemployment benefits
- Job training
- Help for people in re-entry
- Dept. of Rehabilitation
- Child Care
- Foster Care
- Tax Rebates
- Social Security and SSI
- Child Nutrition and WIC
- Help with Car Insurance and Smog Check Costs
- Low-Cost Phone Service and Utility Bill Assistance
- Housing (including assistance for Transitional Foster Youth)
- Phone Numbers for Legal Assistance
The basic charge is $1.25 a copy. Individual orders of up to 2 books are free for low-income people.
The Peoples Guides to Welfare Health and Other Services can be ordered online using our store:
For Bulk Orders contact: email@example.com
Include your name, address, and quantity of English and Spanish copies.
We ask that agencies purchase copies so we can pay for publication, translation, and mailing costs. Discounts of various types are available for large orders. contact firstname.lastname@example.org
View The Peoples Guide Here in PDF Format
Peoples Guide English (2020) PDF
Peoples Guide Spanish (2020) PDF
(To save a copy of the PDF, right-click and select 'save link as' or 'download linked file')