July 31, 2018
Peoples Guide: The 2018 Peoples Guide is HERE! Place your order now online at The HALA Store or contact [email protected] to place your order. The Guide is $1.25 per copy and one copy free for low-income persons. Inquire at [email protected] for pricing on large bulk orders.
What is the Peoples Guide? Check out the PDF at Peoples Guide 2018 and find more info at www.hungeractionla.org/peoplesguideRead more
The Peoples Guide---Currently unavailable . Check back soon
Please join our mailing list by emailing [email protected] with "subscribe to mailing list" in the subject line to be informed as soon as we get more Peoples Guides. We'll have them soon! Thanks for you patience!
We are currently OUT of both English & Spanish versions of the Peoples Guides. Check back to see availability. You can still access the PDF version.
2020 Peoples Guide Now Available!
New rules, information, and programs including:
- The NEW State Rent Control law
- Real ID—who needs one and how do you get it?
- The latest information on DACA for immigrant youth
- How you can expunge convictions to help with job searches
- WIC is going to an EBT card system
- What are Blue Cars and how can you use them?
- Diaper banks
WHATS NEW IN 2020?
- Will I need a Real ID to apply for benefits? — pg 71
- What is the new state Rent Control law? — pg 5
- Will the DACA program be continued? — pg 62
- What families can get $1,000 at tax time if they have a child under 6? — pg 9
- Can I get help paying for health insurance? — pg 53
- Can people getting SSI now get CalFresh? — pg 30, 38
- Is the new WIC EBT card the same as CalFresh? — pg 43
- How can I get a job if I have a criminal record? — pg 10
- Can I rent a low-cost car in L.A.? — pg 59
All English and Spanish copies of the 2020 edition have been distributed. You can still access the PDF version via links below (scroll down)
This 72–page newsprint booklet gives you all you need to know about applying for
- Financial assistance for individuals and families
- Unemployment benefits
- Job training
- Help for people in re-entry
- Dept. of Rehabilitation
- Child Care
- Foster Care
- Tax Rebates
- Social Security and SSI
- Child Nutrition and WIC
- Help with Car Insurance and Smog Check Costs
- Low-Cost Phone Service and Utility Bill Assistance
- Housing (including assistance for Transitional Foster Youth)
- Phone Numbers for Legal Assistance
The basic charge is $1.25 a copy. Individual orders of up to 2 books are free for low-income people.
The Peoples Guides to Welfare Health and Other Services can be ordered online using our store. We are out of English and Spanish versions for 2020. Please check back to see when they become available again. You can still access the PDF versions below.
For Bulk Orders contact: [email protected]
Include your name, address, and quantity of English and Spanish copies.
We ask that agencies purchase copies so we can pay for publication, translation, and mailing costs. Discounts of various types are available for large orders. contact [email protected]
View The Peoples Guide Here in PDF Format
Peoples Guide English (2020) PDF
Peoples Guide Spanish (2020) PDF
(To save a copy of the PDF, right-click and select 'save link as' or 'download linked file')