Food & Justice News September 11th, 2019
- Trump Administration Double Attack on Immigrants and SNAP:
- Congress Members Introduce Bills To Fight Student Hunger, And Strengthen SSI Program
- HALA Dinner and Awards Sept 26!
- Many Of L.A.’S Sidewalks Would Be Off-Limits For Homeless People To Sleep If Plan Passes: LA Times
- Join United Farmworkers to Protect Domestic And Immigrant Workers
- Womens Empowerment Summit October 4—Free Invitation
November 20th, 2018:
Please mark your calendar for a week from today—Giving Tuesday. HALA will be again asking your help with donations to keep the SSI Market Match program going to help vulnerable seniors and people with disabilities access great fresh food until they can get CalFresh beginning next summer! Please consider a 5,10,20 or 40 $ donation at: https://www.give65.org/freshfood
- Help Fire Victims by Bringing Items to Donate to Mar Vista FM
- Farmworkers Again Have to Work Through Fires
- Send Comments to Oppose New Public Charge Rules Proposed for Immigrants—Deadline December 10
- Change in House Ups Pressure to Pass Farm Bill Before End of Year—Fire Prevention and Food Assistance Both In The Bill
- Update on New SSI Eligibility for CalFresh
- Next Blind and Low Vision Shoppers Day December 1st, Crenshaw Farmers Market
- How Trade Wars and Surplus Production Have Impacted Farming in Recent Months
- A Guide to Assist Homeless and Low Income Students
November 1st, 2018:
If you haven’t already please get your tickets for the Hunger Action LA annual awards and dinner! This year we’re honoring legendary organizer and activist Nancy Berlin; Santa Monica Farmers Market and food justice pioneer Laura Avery; and community activist Steven Echor. More information and tickets at www.hungeractionla.org/dinnerandawards PS—auction items include one of the first 16 X 20 photos of LeBron James in a Lakers jersey
- Send Comments to Oppose New Public Charge Rules Proposed for Immigrants: Join Day of Action Saturday Nov 10!
- Can Congress Manage to Pass A Farm Bill by Christmas?
- Update on new SSI Eligibility for CalFresh
- Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority Drafts Guidance for How Cities Manage Unsheltered Homelessness: Public Comment Needed by November 2
- Next Blind and Low Vision Shoppers Day December 1, Crenshaw Farmers Market