2020 Peoples Guide coming soon!
Anticipated print date December 20th, 2019
New rules, information and programs including:
- The NEW State Rent Control law
- Real ID—who needs one and how do you get it?
- The latest information on DACA for immigrant youth
- How you can expunge convictions to help with job searches
- WIC is going to an EBT card system
- What are Blue Cars and how can you use them?
- Diaper banks
The long-awaited new edition of the Peoples Guide to Welfare Health and Other Services 2018 is available now in English!
This 72 page newsprint booklet gives you all you need to know about applying for
- Financial assistance for individuals and families
- Unemployment benefits
- Job training
- Help for people in re-entry
- Dept. of Rehabilitation
- Child Care
- Foster Care
- Tax Rebates
- Social Security and SSI
- Child Nutrition and WIC
- Help with Car Insurance and Smog Check Costs
- Low-Cost Phone Service and Utility Bill Assistance
- Housing (including assistance for Transitional Foster Youth)
- Phone Numbers for Legal Assistance
The basic charge Is $1.25 a copy. Individual orders of up to 2 books are free for low-income people.
The Peoples Guides to Welfare Health and Other Services can be ordered online using our store:
For Bulk Orders contact: email@example.com
Include your name, address, and quantity of English and Spanish copies.
We ask that agencies purchase copies so we can pay for publication, translation, and mailing costs. Discounts of various types are available for large orders. contact firstname.lastname@example.org
View The Peoples Guide Here in PDF Format
Peoples Guide English (2018) PDF
Peoples Guide Spanish (2018) PDF
(To save a copy of the PDF, right-click and select 'save link as' or 'download linked file')