February 11, 2019
- Tell the Trump Administration It’s Unacceptable to Take Food Away from Struggling Workers and Families: Due April 2
- Killing Ourselves to Live Part One:
a. Trump Admin Rolls Back Payday Lender Restrictions
b. Sign the Petition for One Fair Wage for Restaurant Workers
- Killing Ourselves to Live Part Two:
a. Insect Extinction Threatens Human Civilization
b. Cancers Related to Obesity Rise Among Younger People
- Groups Giving Food in Public Must Register and Pay Fee Under New Law
September 13, 2018: Two Phone Calls Needed!
Blind Low Vision Program: Volunteer for Sunday September 16 Blind Low Vision program at Mar Vista Farmers Market! It’s from 10 am to 1 pm at 3826 Grand View Blvd, LA CA 90066. Volunteer to help guide blind customers around the farmers market. Enjoy their company and that of other volunteers! Send your contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
September 2018: While we in California are rejoicing over the news that over a million SSI recipients (seniors and disabled) will finally be eligible for CalFresh next year, threats to the program nationally exist in the form of the Farm Bill, which the House of Representatives have loaded down with work requirements in order to cut $20 billion from the program. Meanwhile, on the state level, the most fundamental food assistance—people voluntarily taking food to the poor and homeless—is threatened by a well intentioned bill that would actually make people register and pay fees in order to participate in this giving.Read more
June 25, 2018
Peoples Guide Pre-Order: The 2018 Peoples Guide is on its way! Place your pre-order now at email@example.com. The Guide is $1.25 per copy and one copy free for low-income persons. Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing on large bulk orders.
What is the Peoples Guide? For more info Check out the Peoples Guide +PDF at hungeractionla.org/peoplesguide
- 1. House Passes Horrible Farm Bill: Senate Working On A Much Better Version
- 2. Tell Congress to Reauthorize the Global Food Security Act
- 3. Mark Your Calendar: Double Your Donation for Senior Market Match in LA County — July 1st through 12th
May 29, 2018
- 1. Contact The Governor to Help Seniors and Disabled Get Food Assistance in California
- 2. Farm Bill Party With A Purpose May 31—Help Hunger Action LA!
- 3. Public Charge Forum Clarifies Immigrant Access to Benefits
- 4. Volunteers Needed! Blind & Low Vision Day Out at Crenshaw Farmers Market, Saturday June 9
- 5. LA CAN: Job Opening for Fresh Food Access Program
- 6. LA Homeless Services Authority Holds Listening Sessions on Black Homelessness: June 7 and June 14
- 7. State Officials Want To Limit Grassroots Food Groups : Call Senators Now to Oppose