Food & Justice News June 4th, 2019
- Urge State Budget Negotiators to Fight Hunger and Poverty This Week
- CalFresh Expansion to SSI Recipients Begins! Enrollment Events at Farmers Markets
- Help Blind and Low Vision Shoppers Enjoy the Farmers Market: June 8 Santa Monica Pico Farmers Market
- SNAP Expansion Helped Rural Economy
- Spray Cheese Now A Staple Food: Trump Administration Adventures in SNAP
- Democrats Push Back Against Trump SNAP and Nutrition Moves
- Processed Food Bad for You, Yet 25 Cups of Coffee A Day is OK?
November 1st, 2018:
If you haven’t already please get your tickets for the Hunger Action LA annual awards and dinner! This year we’re honoring legendary organizer and activist Nancy Berlin; Santa Monica Farmers Market and food justice pioneer Laura Avery; and community activist Steven Echor. More information and tickets at www.hungeractionla.org/dinnerandawards PS—auction items include one of the first 16 X 20 photos of LeBron James in a Lakers jersey
- Send Comments to Oppose New Public Charge Rules Proposed for Immigrants: Join Day of Action Saturday Nov 10!
- Can Congress Manage to Pass A Farm Bill by Christmas?
- Update on new SSI Eligibility for CalFresh
- Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority Drafts Guidance for How Cities Manage Unsheltered Homelessness: Public Comment Needed by November 2
- Next Blind and Low Vision Shoppers Day December 1, Crenshaw Farmers Market