February 25, 2019
- SSI and CalFresh: A Giant Step to End Hunger for Seniors and People with Disabilities : Training Thursday March 28
- Tell the Trump Administration It’s Unacceptable to Take Food Away from Struggling Workers and Families: Due April 2
- Hunger Action LA Co-Sponsoring Two New Farmers Markets: Support and Have Fun!
- Help Blind and Low Vision Shoppers Enjoy Crenshaw Farmers Market: Saturday March 23
- Why Californians Need Food Assistance
May 29, 2018
- 1. Contact The Governor to Help Seniors and Disabled Get Food Assistance in California
- 2. Farm Bill Party With A Purpose May 31—Help Hunger Action LA!
- 3. Public Charge Forum Clarifies Immigrant Access to Benefits
- 4. Volunteers Needed! Blind & Low Vision Day Out at Crenshaw Farmers Market, Saturday June 9
- 5. LA CAN: Job Opening for Fresh Food Access Program
- 6. LA Homeless Services Authority Holds Listening Sessions on Black Homelessness: June 7 and June 14
- 7. State Officials Want To Limit Grassroots Food Groups : Call Senators Now to Oppose
Interested in volunteering with Hunger Action Los Angeles?
Please fill out this form and select the Volunteer role(s) you may be interested in.
Market Match volunteers needed!
Currently, we are looking for people interested in volunteering at Farmers Markets with the duties of signing up customers for the Market Match program by determining their eligibility for the program.
You will be trained on how this system works, however, learning how the program operates in advance is highly recommended. If you are planning to volunteer with Hunger Action Los Angeles, it is important to review the information provided on the Market Match page.
When you are finished signing up as a volunteer you will be redirected to our News page, which is also important to read and get an understanding of what's been going on with the issues.
You will also be describing the Market Match program and how it works, therefore, it is important to learn as much as you can about hunger, low-income families, seniors, and farmers who rely on this program.
If interested, find a market location that would be most convenient for you to volunteer at from our list of markets at http://www.hungeractionla.org/markets and add that information to your submission as well as the times and days you will be available to volunteer.
Different markets have different needs so you may want to call us at (213) 388-8228 to find out which of our locations needs volunteers.
This type of work is ideal for college graduates that want to have something on their resume that shows a strong determination for helping many of the people facing the everyday challenges of hunger and malnutrition every day.
We look forward to working with self-driven, passionate, and friendly people. Also, strong communication and interpersonal skills will get you a long way.
Thank You for considering Hunger Action Los Angeles as your potential volunteer organization, we hope to hear from you soon!
Please follow us on twitter @hungeractionla and Facebook to keep up to date on issues and events.