Stay Informed Here. Registered users may also create events!
Here are some reminders to ensure that you are prepared for the day:
- Bring a signed copy of the liability waiver (You can also sign one at the market)
- Volunteer guides will need to provide their own transportation
Our itinerary for BLV Market Days is outlined as follows:
- 9:30 AM Arrival at the farmers market February 17 (Atwater) or March 23 (Crenshaw) Markets don't actually open until 10 but it takes us time to collect people.
- 10:15 AM Breakfast/Orientation---this is where volunteers will match up with shoppers
- 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM Shopping/Eating
- 12:30 PM - 1 PM Take shoppers home (Unless some make particular arrangements to stay later with the volunteer)
- We will have fresh, good, not expired snacks and water for volunteers as well as shoppers.
- Shoppers will also receive $10 market money
- Along with helping guide shoppers around the farmers markets, we are also in need of drivers to take shoppers home afterwards.
- Drivers must have a valid license, insurance, and sign a waiver.
- We had several drivers at our last event and both our volunteers and shoppers had a lot of fun!
If you have any questions or need directions on the day of the event, please call Frank Tamborello, the Director of Hunger Action LA at (213) 361-2075.
SSI and CalFresh: A Giant Step to End Hunger for Seniors and People with Disabilities
Training: Thursday March 28th
Who Should Attend?
Groups and individuals working with seniors, people with disabilities; Agencies that distribute food; Media
Time: 1 pm to 3 pm (note: Training time changed from 9:45 am to 12 Noon to 1 pm to 3 pm Please note the new time)
Location: St. Mary’s Church: Park & Enter at 960 S Normandie Ave LA CA 90006
*Limited parking on site: Indicate if you need parking when you RSVP
On June 1st, the largest number of people ever will become newly eligible for CalFresh (Food Stamps) in California—SSI recipients, who are blind, disabled, or seniors. This will enable hundreds of thousands of very low income people to have more money to buy groceries!
Learn how the community made this change come about, and how you can help SSI recipients begin to get food assistance from CalFresh beginning in June 2019:
assistance with applications
collaborating with community groups
Free! RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 388 8228
Sponsored by: Hunger Action LA, California Food Policy Advocates, other sponsors pending