Each May hundreds of anti-hunger advocates from across the state meet in Sacramento to educate their legislators about hunger and encourage their sup- port for anti-hunger legislation. This year advocates from your community will be at the capitol on Wednesday, May 25, 2016. With more than 3.8 million California adults struggling with food insecurity it’s important we speak out.
LOS ANGELES HUNGER ACTION DAY INFORMATION:
- Space is limited so reserve now at the bottom of this page or contact Frank at +213 388-8228 or [email protected]
- Leaving on bus 9 am from LA on Tuesday May 24 (RSVP first) Departing from Joh Rei Fellow- ship, 3068 San Marino St, Los Angeles, CA 90006
- You can park your car safely overnight at the departure point
- Staying overnight in Sacramento at Quality Inn, already reserved: main events are on Wed May 25. It will be hot and windy
- Leaving Sacramento 2:30 pm Wednesday May 25 after Hunger Action Day
- Arrive back in LA approx 9 pm Wed May 25
- $45 donation on requested, no one turned away
- Groups welcome from community organizations in LA, East LA, South LA, Valley, Westside, Pasadena/Glendale, San Gabriel Valley, Long Beach, Antelope Valley, and anywhere else!
Join Hunger Action LA in traveling to Sacramento to educate our elected officials about poverty and about state measures that can help alleviate it, including:
- Increases in spending for our seniors and people with disabilities
- Expanding food assistance to recent immigrants and to those in areas that need emergency water
- Incentives to help our struggling farmers while supplying low income populations with fresh fruits and vegetables
Leaving by bus from LA on Tuesday May 24 (RSVP first): Sacramento activities and return trip are next day , May 25. Lodging provided: donation requested, no one turned away. Space limited so rsvp or contact [email protected] for more information. You can also make your own travel arrangements (contact us for coordination on setting up visits to legislators) OR to participate by phone or computer on the day of the event. Contact [email protected] for more information.