Here are some reminders to ensure that you are prepared for the day:
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING DATE CHANGE:
Hi all—Due to impending rain on Sunday, we are rescheduling the Blind and Low Vision Shoppers Day (Atwater) for February 24 (the next Sunday after)
Still on for March 23 (Crenshaw).
—Thanks everyone! Last updated: 021519
- Bring a signed copy of the liability waiver (You can also sign one at the market)
- Volunteer guides will need to provide their own transportation
Our itinerary for BLV Market Days is outlined as follows:
- 9:30 AM Arrival at the farmers market February 17 February 24 (Atwater) or March 23 (Crenshaw) Markets don't actually open until 10 but it takes us time to collect people.
- 10:15 AM Breakfast/Orientation---this is where volunteers will match up with shoppers
- 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM Shopping/Eating
- 12:30 PM - 1 PM Take shoppers home (Unless some make particular arrangements to stay later with the volunteer)
- We will have fresh, good, not expired snacks and water for volunteers as well as shoppers.
- Shoppers will also receive $10 market money
- Along with helping guide shoppers around the farmers markets, we are also in need of drivers to take shoppers home afterwards.
- Drivers must have a valid license, insurance, and sign a waiver.
- We had several drivers at our last event and both our volunteers and shoppers had a lot of fun!
If you have any questions or need directions on the day of the event, please call Frank Tamborello, the Director of Hunger Action LA at (213) 361-2075.
3528 Larga Ave
Public Parking Lot 646
Los Angeles, CA 90039
Google map and directions