Here are some reminders to ensure that you are prepared for the day:
- Bring a signed copy of the liability waiver (You can also sign one at the market)
- Volunteer guides will need to provide their own transportation
Our itinerary for BLV Market Days is outlined as follows:
- 9:30 AM Arrival at the farmers market February 17 (Atwater) or March 23 (Crenshaw) Markets don't actually open until 10 but it takes us time to collect people.
- 10:15 AM Breakfast/Orientation---this is where volunteers will match up with shoppers
- 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM Shopping/Eating
- 12:30 PM - 1 PM Take shoppers home (Unless some make particular arrangements to stay later with the volunteer)
- We will have fresh, good, not expired snacks and water for volunteers as well as shoppers.
- Shoppers will also receive $10 market money
- Along with helping guide shoppers around the farmers markets, we are also in need of drivers to take shoppers home afterwards.
- Drivers must have a valid license, insurance, and sign a waiver.
- We had several drivers at our last event and both our volunteers and shoppers had a lot of fun!
If you have any questions or need directions on the day of the event, please call Frank Tamborello, the Director of Hunger Action LA at (213) 361-2075.
March 23, 2019 at 9:30am - 1:30pm
Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Farmers Market
Frank Tamborello · · (213) 361-2075
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter